By registering for any event or course, I acknowledge acceptance of the following classroom rules:
- At all times, safety of the learners and instructors shall be of the utmost importance. Unsafe acts will not be tolerated and shall be grounds for immediate removal without refund.
- Instructors shall maintain a safe, non-threatening learning atmosphere. Learners are expected to comply with these standards. Failure to comply shall result in immediate removal without refund.
- Learners with special needs are expected to notify instructors. Instructors shall, by all means possible, attempt to accommodate these needs.
- Learners shall respect the property of SSEMSE and others. Destruction of or tampering with others’ property shall be grounds for immediate removal without refund.
- Learners shall comply with any special guidelines set forth by the American Heart Association, Illinois Department of Public Health, and any other certifying body under whose guidelines SSEMSE conducts educational services.
- Payments for educational services for individuals is due prior to attending class. Educational services provided to organizations shall be paid for in full within 30 days of services.
- Academic honesty is expected at all times. Cheating shall not be tolerated and will be grounds for immediate removal without refund.
- At all times, a professional attitude shall be required of all learners. Hazing, horseplay, teasing, and other misbehavior shall not be tolerated, and shall be grounds for immediate removal without refund.
- Registration for a course may be cancelled prior to 24 hours for a full refund. If registration is cancelled within 24 hours of the beginning of a course, full tuition will be assessed. Registrants may reschedule a course for a fee of $50 if the course is scheduled within 60 days of the initial course. Rescheduling shall be completed based on the availability of instructors and facilities.
- Instructors may use photography for publicity purposes and video recordings for debriefing purposes. All videos shall be immediately destroyed upon completion of the course. Pictures may be published on www.ssemse.net. If registrants do not desire to be photographed or recorded, please notify an instructor at the beginning of the course.